GriefShare Programs Near You.
Harrell Funeral Home has recently partnered with community leaders to expand grieving resources available to our customer. There are many GriefShare programs beginning this Fall and we would like to invite you to attend at a location near you. GriefShare seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain access to valuable resources to help you recover from your loss and look forward to rebuilding your life. The meetings are about one and a half hours and include a video seminar series and discussions. They cover topics essential to your recovery from the hurt of grief and loss, and the videos feature interviews with grief recovery experts, mini-dramas, and real-life stories of people who have experienced the death of a loved one.
You are invited to join a group at any time during the year and are not required to register prior to attending your first session. If you would like to register to attend one of the programs below, please click on the name of the Church to register. You can also go to www.GriefShare.org, click on “find a group near you” by typing in your zip code, and register. We hope you will take advantage of these resources. Many of our customers have found tremendous healing through their experiences and sharing.
Fall GriefShare Programs:
- Life Austin Church (Location: 8901 West Hwy 71,
Austin, TX 78735, 2nd Floor Room 240)
- Bannockburn Baptist
(Location: 7100 Brodie Lane Room 310, Abington Center)
- Westoak Woods Baptist
(Location: 2900 West Slaughter Lane, Austin, TX 78748
Community Ministry Bldg Room
Class Meets: Monday, 6:30-8:00, September 10, 2018 – December 10, 2018
- Dripping Springs United
(Location: 28900 Ranch Road 12, Dripping Springs, TX
Room 106 on the main campus
Class Meets: Sunday, 1:00-3:00, Begins September 30, 2018
- Hays Hill Baptist Church (Location: 1401 FM 1626, Buda, TX 78610)
13 GriefShare Sessions:
1. Is this normal? Why your grief experience is harder than you imagined and why the intensity and duration of your emotions are normal and appropriate; Despite how you feel right now, there is reason for hope
2. Challenges of Grief. You’ll learn more eye-opening reasons why your pain is so overwhelming, and some of the overlooked, yet common, effects grief has on your mind, body, and spirit. Also, tips for how to get things done when you don’t feel like you have any energy.
3. The Journey of Grief – Part One. You’ll learn helpful goals to set on your journey of grief, how to deal with those who try to rush you through your grief, and how long the journey of grief typically lasts.
4. The Journey of Grief – Part Two. You’ll learn why it’s important to put effort into your healing and how the events surrounding your loved one’s death affect your grief. Also, ways to deal with your loved one’s belongings.
5. Grief and Your Relationships. You’ll find out how the death of a loved one affects your friendships, and why solitude can be a blessing and a curse, and how to deal with friends who don’t understand your grief.
6. Why? This session demonstrates that God wants you to share your feelings with Him and why being honest with God is an expression of faith. Learn what God has to say to you about your “why” questions.
7. Guilt and Anger. You’ll learn how to deal with false guilt, how to grieve conflicted relationships, and how to handle grief-related anger.
8. Complicating Factors. You’ll begin to see how traumatic experiences affect grief and how to deal with nightmares and flashbacks. Also, how your thinking affects your emotions.
9. Stuck. You’ll discover how to prevent getting stuck in grief and common misconceptions that hinder healing, and why your path to healing isn’t always smooth.
10. Lessons of Grief – Part One. You’ll become aware of an often-overlooked reason that grief is so painful. Why going to church can be so difficult and the benefits of helping others.
11. Lessons of Grief – Part Two. This session provides a more complete picture of who you are now that your loved one is gone. Why no one grieves perfectly and what grief can teach you about relationships.
12. Heaven. Session 12 answers questions about heaven and the afterlife, such as what heaven is like, whether you should communicate with your deceased loved one, whether near-death experiences are reliable descriptions of heaven, and many more.
13. What Do I Live for Now? You’ll learn why moving forward is a necessity. Why it’s a process and why peace and pain will always coexist.
We feel it is very important for our customers to continue to have someone walking beside them after the funeral is complete to help them heal. Harrell Funeral Home also offers a host of additional grief resources including a comprehensive library of articles and book excerpts from world-renowned grief expert, Dr. Alan Wolfelt. Please access these at Griefwords. Please let us know if we can help you heal in any other way.