Coping with a loss?
Help may be just a click away .
Loss From A Child's Perspective
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 children will experience the death of someone close to them by age 18.
- 1 out of every 20 children aged 15 and younger will suffer the loss of one or both parents. (These statistics don’t account for the number of children who lose a “parental figure,” such as a grandparent or other relative that provides care.)
- 56% of children who lost a parent growing up said they would trade a year of their life for one more day with their departed parent.
- 72% of children believe their life would have been “much better” if their parent hadn’t died so young.
- 69% of Americans who lost a parent growing up still think about their parent frequently.
Additional Bereavement and Support Services:
We offer monthly Grief Support classes taught by Rev. Pat Kelly and produced by Griefshare. These classes run for 13-weeks beginning in the Fall. Each week your group will watch a video seminar on DVD. The GriefShare videos cover topics essential to your recovery from the hurt of grief and loss. The videos are produced in a compelling television magazine format and feature interviews with grief recovery experts, mini-dramas, on-location video, and real-life stories of people who have experienced the death of a loved one. The key themes include: Is this normal?, challenges of grief, journey of grief, grief and relationships, Why?, guilt and anger, complicating factors, stuck, lessons of grief, heaven, what do I live for now, and special sessions like surviving the holidays. Please call (512) 268-8200 for class schedule or immediate help.» Center for Loss & Transition
A leading provider of information and inspiration in the areas of illness and dying, loss and grief, healthy caregiving, life transition, and spirituality.
GriefNet is an Internet community of persons dealing with grief, death, and major loss. They have many email support groups. Their integrated approach to online grief support provides help to people working through loss and grief issues.
» National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
Committed to improving end of life care and expanding access to hospice care with the goal of profoundly enhancing quality of life for people dying in America and their loved ones.
Everything you need to know about funerals.
How to truly support yourself and others at a time of grief.
Let us guide you through the ins and outs of your funeral experience.
Local resources for all your support and planning needs.