Coping with a loss?
Help may be just a click away .
Loss From A Child's Perspective
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 children will experience the death of someone close to them by age 18.
- 1 out of every 20 children aged 15 and younger will suffer the loss of one or both parents. (These statistics don’t account for the number of children who lose a “parental figure,” such as a grandparent or other relative that provides care.)
- 56% of children who lost a parent growing up said they would trade a year of their life for one more day with their departed parent.
- 72% of children believe their life would have been “much better” if their parent hadn’t died so young.
- 69% of Americans who lost a parent growing up still think about their parent frequently.