we continue walking beside you.
OUR AFTER CARE PROGRAM TAKES CARE TO A NEW
What takes most people weeks to do, we can help you accomplish in an hour or two. Let us walk beside you and guide you to complete the necessary tasks that need to be performed after a death occurs. We can provide a private session to assist the surviving family member with the following:
- Government Related Activities: Social Security, Veterans Administration, Office of Personal Management
- Finances: Pension Plans, 401K/IRA/Annuities, Credit Cards, Bank Accounts
- Insurance: Life Insurance, Medicare/Health Insurance, Car/Home Insurance, Change Beneficiaries
- Estate: Wills/Trusts/Probate, Real Estate Title, Vehicle Title
- Protection: Credit Bureaus/Fraud Alert, Stop Junk Mail/Solicitor Phone Calls, American Association of Retired Person (AARP), Deceased Registry, Cancel Subscriptions/Memberships
- Dealing with Government Agencies: Social Security Benefits, Veterans Administration Benefits, Government Employee Retirement Management, and Office of Personnel Management
- Contacting Financial Institutions: Pension Plans, 401(k)/IRA/Annuities, Credit Cards, Bank Accounts Our After Care program contacts financial institutions every day. We know who to call, what to say, and what to do to get you through to the correct person. Not only will we save you time from sitting on hold or contacting the wrong people, but also we will spare you the frustration of having information misreported and dealing with the hassle of trying to fix an innocent mistake. We understand the processes associated with each of these large institutions and what they are going to require of you.
- Communicating with Insurance Providers: Life Insurance, Medicare/Health Insurance, Car/Home Insurance, Change Beneficiaries
- Handling Estate: Wills/Trusts/Probate, Real Estate Title, Vehicle Title What is probate court? What does it mean if you have to go through probate court? What happens if you have a will or trust or if you don’t have either? Do you need to hire an attorney? So many families go out and hire an attorney when they really didn’t need to. Our After Care program can guide you through these questions and help you discern what is required for your situation. We also can assist you with real estate transfers, vehicle titles or loan changes, etc. so that everything transfers to the estate or the heirs as it needs to. Our team can identify what are the next steps in protecting your estate.
- Protecting Families: Credit Bureaus/Fraud Alert, Stop Junk Mail/Solicitor Phone Calls, American Association of Retired Person (AARP), Deceased Registry, Cancel Subscriptions/Memberships First, we want to protect you from predators who might be trying to steal your identity. We set up fraud protection and notify all the credit bureaus of your loved ones passing. This way if any activity occurs with their social security number you are notified immediately and you can take care of it. Second, we stop solicitor phone calls to the home. When families are grieving, they don’t need to be getting phone calls asking for their loved one who has passed. We also stop all junk mail from advertisers by getting your loved one’s name removed from these lists and eliminating the danger of mail getting into the wrong hands.
Everything you need to know about funerals.
How to truly support yourself and others at a time of grief.
Let us guide you through the ins and outs of your funeral experience.
Local resources for all your support and planning needs.